9 Medium Egg Yolks
800ml Double Cream
1 Vanilla Pod
- Mix the sugar and a little water together in a pan and bring to 120’C.
- Meanwhile whip the double cream and vanilla until nearly at soft peak.
- Place the egg yolks in the Kitchen Aid and whisk on full speed. When the sugar reaches 120’C, slowly pour it into the egg yolks and keep whisking on full speed until cool.
- When cool gently sabayon into the cream and fill moulds with mix.
- Freeze immediately.
130g Egg Whites
- Put the sugar, glucose and a small amount of water in a pan and bring to 120’C.
- Meanwhile, lightly whip the egg whites and lemon juice in the Kitchen Aid.
- When the sugar reaches 120’C slowly pour it over the egg whites and beat on full speed until cool.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag with a star tube and pipe onto parfaits.
- Freeze Alaska’s until required.
To Serve: Pre-heat oven to 180c, place Alaska in the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.