4 onions, diced
6 carrots, diced
6 celery sticks, diced
1 head of garlic, crushed
350g pancetta, diced
2kg chestnuts, blanched and roughly chopped
1 sprig rosemary & bay leaf
- Sweat the carrot, onion, celery and garlic in the butter.
- Add the rosemary and sweat for a further 5mins.
- Add the pancetta and cook for 5mins then add the chestnuts.
- Add the hot pheasant stock and bay leaf, simmer for 10mins.
- Blitz and pass the soup through a fine sieve.
- Correct the seasoning.
- Heat the soup, add enough milk to correct the consistency.
- Add a knob of butter and froth. Check the seasoning.
- Finish with sautéed wild mushrooms and shredded partridge pieces.
- Top with chives and drizzle of bacon fat.